The Backup Wizard interface allows you to back up all or part of your website, or restore your website from the most recent backup file. In this article we look at how to create a full backup.
A full backup will create an archive of all the files and configurations on your website. You can only use this to move your account to another server, or to keep a local copy of your files. You cannot restore full backups through your cPanel interface. You must download and compress the backup file prior to restoration. After you decompress the backup file, you can upload and restore individual portions of your website that the full backup file contained. Alternatively, you can create a partial backup.
2) Select the link "Backup Wizard".
3) Push the button "Back up".
4) Push the button "Full Backup"
5) Select the Backup Destination and enter your email address if you would like to receive a notification of completion. Push the button "Generate Backup".
Once the backup has started, you should see the following:
6) Once completed, you can select the link "Go Back" and view your available backups:
For more documentation from cPanel, please click here.