This document will explain how to create scheduled backups for your WordPress site and store them locally using the Softaculous interface. If you do not have Word-press installed under Softaculous please refer to the article Local Import Wordpress to Softaculous.
To perform a manual backup please refer to Wordpress Manual Backup (Softaculous).
2) Navigate to the Softaculous Apps Installer panel and select "Wordpress".
3) Navigate the the bottom of the page and under "Current Installations" select the "Edit Details" icon.
4) Underneath "Installation Details" you may specify:
- For the "Backup Location" set it as "Default" which will place backups in your default Wordpress directory (Example: /home/example/softaculous_backups).
- For "Automated backups" you may set the backup frequency any where from Everyday, Once a week, Once a month, custom, or never.
- For "Backup Rotation" you may set it so that our server will hold from 1-10 of your most recent backups before over writing old backups or you may choose to set the backup rotation to unlimited so you may keep all of your backups that the system automates. Note: Backups use disk space on your server so "Unlimited Backups" is not recommended).
5) To view your current backups navigate to the upper right of the page and select the "Backups and Restore" icon.
6) While viewing your backups you have a few options available when managing them.
- You may download the backup on your local machine.
- You may restore your current Wordpress install from a backup existing on your server.
- You may delete any backups you no longer need.
7. In the "Restore Option" select what portion of your Worpress you need to restore whether it be restoring the directories, database, or both. Once complete push the "Restore Installation" button.