This document will explain how to create a manual backups for your WordPress site and store them locally using the Softaculous interface. If you do not have WordPress installed under Softaculous please refer to the article Local Import Wordpress to Softaculous.
To set automated backups please refer to Wordpress Automated Backup (Softaculous).
2) Navigate to the Softaculous Apps Installer panel and select "Wordpress".
3) Navigate the the bottom of the page and under "Current Installations" select the "Backup" icon.
4) On the "Backing Up WordPress" page you may choose to backup up your Directories, Databases, or both along with adding a specific note to said backup. Once finished push the "Backup Installation" button at the bottom of the page. Backups will be stored in the default Wordpress directory (Example: directory /home/example/softaculous_backups).
5) To view your current backups navigate to the upper right of the page and select the "Backups and Restore" icon.
6) While viewing your backups you have a few options available when managing them.
- You may download the backup on your local machine.
- You may restore your current Wordpress install from a backup existing on your server.
- You may delete any backups you no longer need.
7. In the "Restore Option" select what portion of your Worpress you need to restore whether it be restoring the directories, database, or both. Once complete push the "Restore Installation" button.