This document covers the many options available for managing your domains registered with us through your ExactHosting client area. Please note that if your domain is not registered through us these options will not be available through your client area and you will need to contact the registrar that your domain is registered with to make changes.
- Auto Renew
- Update Nameservers
- Registrar Lock
- Update/Change Contact Information
- Register Nameservers
- DNS Management
- Get EPP Code
- Renew Domain
- Register a New Domain
- Transfer in a Domain
1) Log in to the portal at exacthosting.com
2) Underneath the header reading "Welcome Back" click on "Domains".
3) Next to the domain you wish to manage select the drop down next to the wrench icon and click on "Manage Domain".
4) Underneath the "Manage" and "Actions Panel they are numerous options available that are covered bellow.
A) Once on the "Auto Renew" you will notice that your "Auto Renewal Status" will either be set to disabled or enabled. To change the auto renewal status click the button bellow which will reflect the change being made either enabled or disabled.
B) On the "Nameservers" page you may update your nameservers or use the default ones listed at your registrar.
- Select the radio button "Use default nameservers" or "Use custom nameservers" depending on the setting you require.
- Enter in at minimum at least 2 nameservers under the feilds "Nameserver 1" and "Nameserver 2".
- Once complete push on the "Change Nameservers" button.
C) Once on the "Registrar Lock" you will notice that your "Registrar Lock Status" will either be set to disabled or enabled. Note: The register lock needs to be disabled if you choose to transfer out your domain to another registrar. To change the auto renewal status click the button bellow which will reflect the change being made either enabled or disabled.
D) On the "Addons" page you have the ability to Purchase "ID Protection" as well as either manage DNS for your domain on our servers or disable it so you may host DNS elsewhere.
- ID Protection - Protect your personal information and reduce the amount of spam to your inbox by enabling ID Protection. To enable this select the "Buy Now for $5.00 USD" button.
- DNS Host Record Management - External DNS Hosting can help speed up your website and improve availability with reduced redundancy.
Update/Change Contact Information:
E) On the "Contact Information" page you have the options to set your domains contact information by either:
- "Use existing account contact" - Which will allow you to use your primary accounts or a sub accounts contact information.
- "Specify custom information below" Which allows you to individually update each field manually for "Registrant/Admin/Billing/Technical"
F) On the "Register Nameservers" page you may "Register a NameServer Name", "Modify a NameServer IP", and "Delete a Nameserver". Fill in the provided fields and push the "Save Changes" button.
G) On the "DNS Management" page you may add new and alter existing DNS records by selecting the drop down menu under "Record Type" selecting the desired record type, filling in the required fields and push on the "Save Changes" button at the bottom of the page.
H) On the "Get EPP Code" page you will be displayed in plain text. The EPP Code is basically a password for a domain name. It is a security measure, ensuring that only the domain name owner can transfer a domain name. You will need it if you are wanting to transfer the domain to another registrar.
I) To Renew your domain please refer to our preexisting article here.
Registration A Domain:
J) To Register a new domain please refer to our preexisting article here.
Transfer In A Domain:
K) To transfer your domain to ExactHosting please refer to our preexisting article here.