This article outlines the general server settings required by your mail client to connect to email addresses you have hosted at exacthosting.com.
For more information please view Outlooks documentation here.
1. With Outlook open, click on the File tab in the upper left corner of the window.
2. You should see the Info tab selected on the left side. If not, click on it.
3. Click on "Account Settings".
4. Click on ‘Account Settings’ again in the drop down menu.
5. If you have an older version of Outlook than 2010, Account Settings can be found in the "Tools" menu instead. The rest of these instructions will still be valid.
6. Click on the listing for your email account.
7. Click on "Change" in the upper portion of the window.
8. In the "Change account" window that comes up, update the "Mail Server" field to mail.exacthosting.com and update your password. Click on "Test Account Settings" in order to verify that Outlook is able to talk to the new server properly. If so, click on Next in the bottom right to save these settings.
9. If your "Test Account Settings" check failed please click on "More Settings".
10. Navigate to the "Outgoing Server" tab and make sure that your outgoing server is set to "Use the same settings as my incoming mail server".
11. Navigate to the "Advanced" tab and make sure that your server port numbers are the same as listed in the screen shot bellow. Once all changes have been made click "OK" to save your settings and attempt to "Test Account Settings" again.