Cron jobs are scheduled tasks that the system runs at predefined times or intervals. Typically, a cron job contains a series of simple tasks that the system runs from a script file.
This demo assumes you've already logged in to cPanel, and are starting on the home screen.
1) Click the Cron Jobs icon.
- Enter the email address where you want the cron job results sent after each time it runs.
- Now you have to define exactly when and how often you want the cron job to run.
- This is made easier by selecting one of the pre-defined common settings.
- Notice that by choosing a common setting, all fields are filled in automatically. This also helps you understand what each field means.
- Next, enter the command of the script you want to run, including the path (from root).
2) Then click Add New Cron Job.
That's it! The cron job has been set, and will be listed at the bottom of the screen.
View existing cron jobs:
The Current Cron Jobs table displays your existing cron jobs.
Edit a cron job
To edit a cron job, perform the following steps:
- Locate the cron job that you wish to edit and click Edit.
- Edit the settings that you wish to change and click Edit Line.
Delete a cron job
To delete a cron job, perform the following steps:
- Click Delete next to the cron job that you wish to delete.
- Click Delete.