Each post in WordPress is filed under one or more Categories. This aids in navigation and allows posts and to be grouped with others of similar content.
Each Category may be assigned to a Category Parent so that you may set up a hierarchy within the Category structure. In creating Categories, recognize that each Category Name must be unique. Thus, even if two Categories have two different Parents, they must still have different names.
- Click Posts in the left margin.
- Then click Categories.
- This is where you can add a new category... let's do that now.
- When ready, click Add New Category.
- You can quickly edit a category's information by hovering over the category name...
- Then clicking Quick Edit.
- You can change the name and/or slug of the category from here.
- You can also delete a category this way.