Exact Hosting offers single-domain coverage and multi-domain coverage secure socket layer (SSL). In the Exact Hosting client area users can purchase an SSL as a cPanel addon. SSLs purchased as a cPanel addon have automation when it comes to installing, reissuing, and managing the SSL certificate.
- Purchasing an SSL for cPanel
- SSL client area actions
Purchasing an SSL for cPanel
- Log into Exact Hosting.
- Select Services.
- Press the Active button to access the admin section.
- Select the SSL of your choice, press Purchase and activate to complete.
- Click Checkout to generate the invoice for payment.
- For domains connected to your cPanel, the SSL certificate will be automatically installed after approval from the provider.
Note: Approval can take up to 24 hours.
SSL client area actions
The Exact Hosting client area has admin controls for managing your cPanel SSL addon.
Change approver email
Clients can update the approver email for a pending certificate at any time in the client area. The certificate authority compiles a list of approved email addresses using common administrative emails e.g. admin or webmaster in combination with the public whois data for the domain. Only one of these emails can be used to confirm ownership.
Clients can retrieve and download certificates that have been issued at any time from the WHMCS client area.
- Press Retrieve certificate.
- Exact Hosting will retrieve your SSL certificate, and select Copy to clipboard.
If you have lost your certificate, need to move servers, or had a problem with the installation then you can re-issue your certificate to generate a new one.
Note: When reissuing a certificate, you cannot change the domain name and it must remain exactly the same.
- Press Reissue certificate.
- Enter your new CSR into the field and press Continue to complete.
Get Site Seal Code
The site seal code will allow users to display an image of SSL protection on their webpage. The code is in HTML format and will need to be applied to your website manually.
- Press Get Site Seal Code.
- The site seal code is in HTML format and can be copied to your clipboard ready for use.
Note: Consult with your web developer if you do not know where to use this information.