In this article, we will clarify how you can prepare most Generic top-level domains for outgoing transfer to a new registrar provider.
For this process, you will need to disable ID Protect/Domain Privacy, disable the registrar lock and acquire the EPP Key.
Before requesting the EPP key, take a moment to ensure your registrant contact details are valid. Here's how: http://exact.help/domain-contacts
Prepping for transfer
1. Login to the Exact Hosting Portal.
2) Underneath the header reading "Welcome Back" click on "Domains".
3) Next to the domain you wish to manage select the drop down next to the wrench icon and click on "Manage Domain".
4) Choose the Addons Option, and if using ID Protect, choose Disable. If you are not using ID protect, continue to the next step without action.
5) Next, choose Registrar Lock from the same left hand menu to disable registrar lock.
6) Request the EPP Key simply by clicking the Get EPP Code button, as pictured here:
7. While it is not required to complete this step to transfer, we would also suggest disabling Auto Renew if enabled, as this could cause the transfer to fail if a domain is renewed while pendingTransfer. Here's how to ensure this setting is disabled: http://exact.help/domain-auto-renew
Once you have accomplished the steps above and received your EPP Key, please provide this code to the gaining registrar, or provider you are moving to in order to initiate the transfer.