Hypertext Processing (PHP) is a programming and scripting language that takes data from the database and converts it into a HyperText Markup Language (HTML) web page. You can update your PHP version directly from Exact Hosting's cPanel platform.
- Login to the Exact Hosting client dashboard.
- Choose Services, then on My Services.
- Click on the correct hosting plan.
- Select Login to cPanel.
- Click the icon MultiPHP Manager.
- Check the box beside the site to update, click the drop-down and select the PHP version, and press Apply.
Note: Updating your website's PHP version may cause the website to fail to load if your site is not compatible with a higher PHP version. Consult with your web developer to upgrade your site, add-ons, and themes to support a higher PHP version.