Short link: http://exact.help/name-servers
What are Nameservers?
Nameservers are specialized servers meant for handling requests regarding the location of a domain name's services, such as email or a website. It's important to note that nameservers can only be managed where the domain is registered. If you need to make a name server change and your domain is not registered with ExactHosting, please contact your domain provider instead.
Follow the steps here to clarify how to locate and edit the domain name servers for domains registered with ExactHosting.
1. Log into the ExactHosting Client Area.
2. Underneath the header reading "Welcome Back" click on "Domains".
3. Next to the domain you wish to manage select the drop down next to the wrench icon and click on "Manage Domain".
4. Select the option for Nameservers under the Manage menu to the left side of the page to view the current servers set, and edit name server entries.
5. There will be two available options for name servers, either using the default servers, or using custom servers. Either select to use the defaults, or enter the custom servers desired, and select Change Nameservers along the bottom.
Option 1: Use Default Nameservers
Default Nameservers are the name servers ExactHosting offers for the registered domain you're managing.
Option 2: Use Custom Nameservers
Custom nameservers would be servers used by a 3rd party hosting company, or if you have custom servers registered for your domain.
- Enter at minimum 2 nameservers