Short link: http://exact.help/domain-contacts
Why is it important to have up to date contact details?
Having up to date domain contact details is an essential part of domain ownership, per the 2013 Registrar Accreditation Agreement, which states that registrars must take action when registrants do not respond for over 15 calendar days to verify the accuracy of their domain contact details associated to registration. Additionally, domain contact information can be used in times of domain ownership dispute to help come to a resolution. If the details are not valid, this can create further issues verifying domain ownership.
Account vs. Domain Contacts
Account contact information is what ExactHosting uses to identify you as our customer or client. These are the first contact options we will use in sending notices regarding invoices, service suspensions, changes to platform or interface, or general newsletters if you're subscribed. Domain registrant and contact information is how you want ICANN/the registrar/ExactHosting to identify the domain owner.
How to Manage/Update Domain Contacts
1. Login to the Exact Hosting Portal.
2. Underneath the header reading "Welcome Back" click on "Domains".
3. Next to the domain you wish to manage select the drop down next to the wrench icon and click on "Manage Domain".
4. Select the option for Contact information under the Manage menu to the left side of the page.
5. Here you will be able to view and edit details for domain registrant, admin, billing and tech contact.
Option 1: Use existing account contact
Select this if you want the domain contacts to match the account contact details.
Option 2: Specify custom information below
Select this if you want to manually input information that is different than the account holder.
Understanding domain contact options.
1. Registrant Contact: individual/organization registering the domain name
2. Admin Contact: individual/organization who is authorized by the registrant to manage the domain
3. Billing Contact: individual/organization responsible for paying for the domain name
4. Tech Contact: individual/organization responsible for technical management, such as DNS
6. After making alterations to the domain contacts, scroll to the bottom of the page and select Save Changes.