Short link: http://exact.help/plesk-add-domains
Adding domain names to your Plesk hosting plan is a two step processing including configuring the domain on the hosting plan, and updating the host records to point to the shared server IP.
Letting Plesk Know About Your Domain
1. Open the Plesk hosting account control panel.
2. Click on Websites & Domains, then Add Domain
3. Adding A New Domain Name:
- Domin Name: type in the domain name here.
- Location Of Websites Files: this should be "ACCOUNT.ehost-services###.com" (### should show the number for your hosting server)
- Hosting Type: Website Hosting
- Activate DNS Service: Should be Checked
- Activate Mail Service: Should be Checked
4. Hosting Settings:
- Document Root: This will default to your domain name, it can be changed.
- Using httpdocs as your document root may cause issues.
- Preferred domain: None is suggested as the other options may cause issues with your website.
5. Click OK. This may take up to 30 seconds to complete.
Locating the Shared Host IP
1. Login to your ExactHosting account.
2. Use any of the options available in the home page of the account to access the Plesk hosting product manager.
- Select Services from the blue Menu bar and select My Services.
- Select the Services Button
- Click the appropriate service from the Active Product listing
*If you select option one or two, you will also need to locate the hosting plan from your product list, and select Active.
3. Scroll toward the bottom of the manage product page and locate the share IP listed
4. Either leave this window open, and navigate to a new window, or note the shared IP somewhere and move on to the next section.
Configuring Host Records
The table below outlines the three required records for using the shared hosting plan, and one optional record.
|Required 1||Required 2||Required 3||Optional|
|Record Type||A ADDRESS||A ADDRESS||CNAME||A ADDRESS|
|Address||Shared IP||Shared IP||[your domain name]
Clients using our nameservers:
Depending on which shared server you are located on, the steps to add these host records may vary. You can locate the server name in the Hosting Information section of the Plesk Product Manager.
*If you are using Plesk on the Atlantic or Pacific server, please see the article outlined here for DNS record management.
*If you are set up using any of the ehost-services123.com servers, please follow the article outlined here for DNS record management instead.
Clients using external nameservers:
Please work with your nameserver provider to add at least the required records if you are unsure how.