Hello! This guide will go over how to enable 2FA for your my.exacthosting.com account. 2FA adds an extra layer of security to your account to prevent compromise.
The second portion of this guide will show you how to remove the 2FA as well.
1. We'll need to start by being logged into the account, in the upper right corner click "Hello, yourname!" then Security Settings.
2. At the top of the page, you'll see the status of the 2FA. Click here to Enable to proceed.
3. Click the Get started on the next screen to proceed.
4. This screen will allow you to sync your 2FA for your account to your device. External apps like Google authenticator syncs a code on your device that will be required to log into your account. You'll want to download the app on your device to proceed here.
After you open the app, you can either scan the QR code or enter the code manually. Upon doing so you'll get an authentication code to verify set up.
4. After you enter the confirmation code, you'll see this screen with your backup code. Please save this in the event your authenticator app cannot be accessed.
Congratulations you are all set up!
How to remove 2FA from your account
In the event you need to move the 2FA, I'll go over that below.
1. You'll need to access your Security settings tab as we did in the beginning. This will prompt your account password after you enter your password the 2FA will be disabled instantly.