Exact Hosting provides web hosting plans that allow user access via File Transfer Protocol (FTP) to manage files for your website.
Third-party FTP clients such as Cyberduck allow access to your website files and folders in a drag-and-drop interface that makes it easy to upload or download multiple files and folders in a single session.
To configure an FTP client, you will need to know the FTP server name and FTP port, as well as the full login username and password of the FTP user you have added via cPanel.
- Accessing the FTP accounts area
Accessing the FTP accounts area
- Login to the Exact Hosting client dashboard.
- Select Services, then press My Services.
- Choose your web hosting plan.
- Click on Login to cPanel.
- Select the FTP Accounts icon.
Adding a new account
Add a new account with a custom username, password, and default home directory.
The FTP account username created will display in email address format, i.e., email@example.com, using the login name you entered, appended with the domain name.
- Define the account's login and password details.
- Specify the correct directory for your FTP user's home directory, and click Create FTP account.
Changing an existing account password
- Click Change password.
- Enter a new password and click Change password to save.
Finding server connection details
To connect via FTP, the last bit of information you'll need to find is your FTP server name.
The FTP server name can be found in your browser's address bar whenever you're in cPanel.
Note: When using FTP services with Exact Hosting, the server port number is always 21.